Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Seeding Sunday

• JoJoHawk
  • JoJoHawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #12352 by JoJoHawk
A follow up to my last post about JJ. As the KC Star ratchets up the pressure on Josh, HCBS and our Athletic Dept the question has to be raised regarding his playing status going forward. Barring any response from coach or the department over the next 48 hours and assuming the Star will continue to aggressively stir the pot, does anyone feel that there will be an effect within the NCAA selection committee as to where to seed a Josh vs Joshless Kansas team?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 1 month ago #12356 by Bayhawk
I can't even think about such a catastrophic disaster. :unsure:

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

More
7 years 1 month ago #12369 by NotOstertag
This is a non-issue.

For starters, note that we've only heard one side of the story, and Josh kicked her car. Meanwhile the women's coach decided HER player was guilty enough of SOMETHING to suspend her for two games. Sounds to me that there's more to the story, and nobody on the men's side is talking about what that might be.

As for the seeding and whether Josh can play in the NCAA it's also a non-issue. HCBS has already disciplined Josh, so there's no indication that he'll be further disciplined moving forward. The next "official" event is Josh's arraignment on April 12th...after the tournament is over.

So even in a hypothetical world, where Josh gets arraigned and new evidence is brought forth which secures a bigger conviction of some sort, HCBS would only suspend him AFTER this was known. If we assume that all the info is out in the open (the Star is leaving no stones unturned) then it's unlikely that anything else will develop until after the season.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: newtonhawk