Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Odds are against KU winning NC.

• replayloungehawk
  • replayloungehawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #12348 by replayloungehawk
Read an interesting article of the last 25 national champions NONE of them lost before the semi-finals. I don't honestly think KU has a great chance this year of winning. I know I know, maybe I'm just trying to tell myself this before the tourney starts so that if they get hot and go all the way I'll be able to tell myself "I told you so." Either way it doesn't bode well losing today. With or without Josh Jackson they shouldn't have lost.

www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/bracket...ational-champions-do

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 1 month ago #12368 by NotOstertag
The odds are ALWAYS against ANY team winning the NC. That's how it works. If you have a choice of placing a bet on any one team or betting on "the field", "the field" is always the better bet.

That's the maddening thing about it. Every year, every team is pretty much guaranteed NOT to win it all. One team wins and I can't remember many years that a certain amount of luck (seeding, luck of the draw with opponents, and a million in-game variables) comes into play.

The real question is: are we one of the handful of teams with the potential to win it all? Yes, we absolutely are. But typically of the half dozen or so teams with that potential, you'll eventually run into one or more of them, and then the bets are off.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: DocBlues, KMT, newtonhawk

More
7 years 1 month ago #12390 by OreadExpress
This is the crazy season, pretty much anything can happen. I take small comfort in odds either way. I find it hard to see this crew win it all, but I also would not be surprised if they do given their "never say die" attitude and the fact that there is now no room for error.

I think we've always known that this team's lack of defense has been the aspect of their game that will betray them should they come up short.

I will bet on Frank and the tendency this team has displayed of just getting the job done. They have done well under pressure and I will just have to trust that they will do what it takes when the time comes. No tomorrows now...