Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

No Bench!

• JRhawk
  • JRhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #12318 by JRhawk
KU's bench 3, TCU's bench 34. Yes, with JJ playing, Vick would added 9 points to the bench total. Guys were gassed - LL asked for a blow, same with Frank. Afraid this will hurt us again at some point.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
7 years 1 month ago #12323 by HawkErrant
Self practically had to play him late, but Svi cost us in the end. A supposed shooter missing 2 of 4 free throws, his bad turnover in the lane @1:10 that led to 2 points for TCU and then fouling the 3 point shooter with the game tied at the end. He simply can't be on the floor late. Give me anyone but him late.

I know, others missed plays late, too. But as much as Svi got us started, in the end he stopped us.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
7 years 1 month ago #12335 by Bayhawk
And the first game is a cupcake.

This is all part of a "bigger plan"

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

More
7 years 1 month ago #12336 by murphyslaw
Kudos to Frank, DeVante, LaGerald, and Landon (And even Svi for his early 3 pointers.) for hanging tough despite their fatigue and the obvious goofups--thanks a lot, Carlton--by our bench.

I'm sorry Lightfoot didn't get more chances; he can't improve without playing time, IMHO.

I'm also sorry about Self's temper resulting in the slimy toads getting those 3 points. I don't think the call was a mistake. (But then, what do I know.)

I'm disgusted with Jackson's behavior on the bench. He didn't seem ashamed at all; he even was calling advice out to Svi, as if he had any right to do so. Too bad Self probably has to start him in our first NCAA tournament game.

I'm glad we now have time to rest, heal, and re-group before the Big Dance.

• JRhawk
  • JRhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #12337 by JRhawk
It's a 40 minute game.