Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

I hope JJ feels bad enough to win us a NC nfm

• Bayhawk
  • Bayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #12306 by Bayhawk
RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, JhawkMom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
7 years 1 month ago #12315 by HawkErrant
Big lesson to the kid -- actions have consequences.

Still kudos to coach for sitting him. Was the right call.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: JhawkMom, murphyslaw

• Bayhawk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #12316 by Bayhawk
. . . which is much more important than a game.

Agreed (as usual) HE,

RC

-- Jules Michelet
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

More
7 years 1 month ago #12330 by hairyhawk
Agree completely.

More
7 years 1 month ago #12334 by LKF_HAWK
I agree JJ'a butt was where it should have been. Seriously if the Hawks had won, he should have sat out the next game because imho. Meanwhile this team needs to recharge and get right on D,wow they just got served by a lower tier not so good TCU team.

More
7 years 1 month ago #12340 by Kong
that does take it personally and wants to make it up to the team. I really wouldn't mind if someone said to him that the loss was on him, just to fire him up.

Of course if he is the type to have that be a weight on him that makes him press too hard, then I hope everyone boosts him and tells him to move on from it all.

Psychology of a teen is always a roller coaster ride

Visualize Whirled Peas
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, texkan

More
7 years 1 month ago #12341 by Slayer2384
Agree whole heartedly. Huge life lesson the actions have consequences. If he were an opposing player the chant from the crowd would be "you let your whole team down". And yes life is more important than basketball.

As a positive to the overall basketball program outside of this year's of the court issues is the focus that the basketball program has on the academics side of things. I would be embarrassed if I were an alumni of some of the programs that only patronize academics.

In addition, the "scared straight program' as I call it started with Larry Brown and have seem follow on coaches us by scrimmaging at Leavenworth Prison with the message if you really screw up, this is where you end up.

More
7 years 1 month ago #12349 by JoJoHawk

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
7 years 1 month ago #12353 by konza63
It's obvious that the Star and this anti-KU reporter have an agenda. They have one source: a disgruntled, highly talkative father of a female basketball player who has had her own set of issues at every stop. The anti-KU reporter at the Star keeps going back to this same well in a deliberate, steady, slow-drip release fashion.

I can't suggest that people stop posting Star links, which only serve to drive up clicks for the paper, which perpetuates the incentive to keep publishing one-sided content, but I can suggest that people think before they click on the pieces.

Just my $.02...

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

• Bayhawk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #12357 by Bayhawk
I don't click on Star links. I already know that I don't want to know . . .

RC

-- Jules Michelet

More
7 years 1 month ago #12358 by JoJoHawk
Could not agree more- however, story headlines sports in print edition also and is being picked up nationally. Hopefully all smoke and no fire. I think a BIG hole is being dug with these articles and at some point someone is going to fall in!

More
7 years 1 month ago #12360 by JRhawk
The Title IX suit story was already on CBS, SN, & USA Today. Imagine this later version will be too. I agree JJH, the hole is getting wider and deeper - IMHO, only question is who is going to fall in.

More
7 years 1 month ago #12370 by NotOstertag
Agree completely. Non story. BTW, where's the outrage that Roy Williams and the Tarred Ones are a #1 seed with their scandal STILL hanging over their heads? Maybe the press needs to look at that for a minute.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk