Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Mizzou Debacle

• AZhawk87
  • AZhawk87's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #12265 by AZhawk87
I honestly hate Mizzou. Never met one Mizzou fan who could have fun ribbing KU fans. They are nasty, mean and hate filled. Biggest bunch of chip on their shoulder, inferiority complex folks anywhere.

But as much as I love seeing them fail, I can't believe how horrible they've become in basketball. SEVEN regular season wins? Really?

They are to hoops what KU has been to football. Where are their smug Jack "Smack" Harry lovin fans now?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #12267 by konza63
Miz-Who?

Who is this Misery of which you speak?

Never heard of 'em...

:silly: :silly: :silly:

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by konza63.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

More
7 years 1 month ago #12270 by NotOstertag
I haven't followed them closely, but when I occasionally come across them, it's truly astounding how far they've fallen and how fast they've done so. Remember, this was a team that won conference championships in basketball not too long ago. It seems that by going to the SEC, they became irrelevant in basketball. A big part of their "charm" was the natural rivalries not only with KU, but with KSU and even ISU. These strong rivalries guaranteed that at least a couple times a year, no matter who was up or down, and it made the teams better (even from recruiting).

Then, a guy like Norm Stewart could play up the KU/MU rivalry, as could our coaches. Of course, we could also talk about national championships, James Naismith, Phog Allen, Allen Fieldhouse, etc. When MU went to the SEC, what did they have left? A sort-of rivalry with Texas A&M and a guarantee that they'd always be far behind Kentucky in terms of in-conference prestige.

I'll take it a step further: MU had a legitimate and fierce rivalry with a true blue blood opponent. Now they just have a blue blood opponent who could probably care less that Mizzou is even on their schedule. For 2 games a year, their only relevance is playing the "b" squad at a couple of Kentucky open-to-the-public practices. They're Kentucky's Washington Generals twice a year.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wheatstate Gal

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
7 years 1 month ago #12276 by HawkErrant
By all accounts a really nice guy, an alum who was willing to enter the festering swamp and try to get the program out of it. Didn't work out.

But no sympathy at all for hellmouth U. Horrible fans. And Bad Management over the past 17 years, from picking Quinn Snyder over Bill Self in 2000 to their "any conference but this conference" departure to today, have paved their way to the present.

Reaping what was sown,

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
7 years 1 month ago #12281 by JhawkMom
I laughed at every loss. What did they think would be better for them in the SEC? Dumb dumb dumb move
I feel sorry for their players but they choose to play there

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #12287 by Wheatstate Gal
Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of scum suckers (did I make that up? It is supposed to mean vile, sub-humans).....Still hate them. Although I don't feel compelled to "start something" when I see some shirt or hat in an airport anymore.

:-P big old raspberry

More
7 years 1 month ago #12342 by Kong
I was talking to my wife a bit back noting that I have absolutely no knowledge or interest inMoo since they left. Couldn't tell you what their record is, when they are playing, or who their coaches or players are. When they moved to the SEC, they basically became completely and totally irrelevant to me.

As it turns out they are becoming completely and totally irrelevant to the SEC as well.

Didn't understand the move then, still don't. But I am happier for not having to follow any of their antics at all.

Visualize Whirled Peas