Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Suddenly a very comfortable first game becomes needles and pins

Poll: Who steps in/up for Josh against the OU/TCU winner?

Svi breaks out on O & D!
2 22.2%
Lagerald Da Man II while JJ's away
4 44.4%
Dwight makes might!
No votes 0%
Carlton cruises, foe loses!
3 33.3%
Mitch makes pitch for X Man niche!
No votes 0%
Total number of voters: 9
Only registered users can participate to this poll
  • HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
7 years 1 month ago #12250 by HawkErrant
"When at first you don't succeed..."

Version 2.
In reality, regardless of which of OU or TCU wins, KU was guaranteed to get a run for its money 1:30 CT on Thursday.

With Josh suspended for the parking lot accident stupidity, the prospect of losing that first game is very tangible.

I think the starting lineup BTS (before the suspension) was probably going to be:

Frank, Devonté, Landon, Lagerald and Josh

Now Josh sits . Big drop off in both O and D with him in civvies.

Who steps in and steps up?

Svi? As we have seen with out own eyes and as Corpus has validated our eyes with his data, Svi has been slumping badly of late. Does Self give him the chance to break out of his O slump, even though his D has al;so been (to be generous) suspect?

Carlton? He has been showing signs of life, playing well -- although not always keeping his head in the game -- of late.

Dwight? Hard to see him starting when his presence will be needed to spell Landen in the paint as needed.

Mitch? Backup only, I think, as he is still growing, both physically and mentally, and into his role on the team.

So who steps in and steps up?

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #12253 by HawkErrant
BTW, Self has already said that Vick will start in place of Josh.
www2.kusports.com/news/2017/mar/08/ku-fr...ded-1-game-role-tra/

The poll is really more focused on who is going to step up.

I really don't think Frank, Devonte, and LL can do much more than what they have been doing. I mean they could, but what are the odds they can pick up all of the slack Josh leaves in his absence? Someone else needs to produce, so the poll focus is on the other guys. Thanks!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by HawkErrant.

More
7 years 1 month ago #12255 by big g
how about a new poll? what will be higher josh's draft position or number of cars he damages? not funny i know but i put both of these in the category of stupid, not evil. and good ( for him anyway if not us) that hes learning these lessons early. my real hope is that he leads us ( along with frank) to a national championship and becomes in 5 yrs the first one and doner in the rafters. hes a special competitor ( will i think win an nba ring before wiggins) and if we win it will have a lot to do with his elevated and selfless play. who else wld come and play the 4 which experts wld say wld lower his currency but in his case has actually grown it. he always makes the extra pass and probably shld have 2 or 3 more assists a game because his passes are too good and landon and some of the others cant handle/ arent prepared for them. finally, the silver lining of him sitting in game one is that we lose, retain our no 1 seed, and then rest up and prepare for the dance. might actually prefer that. go hawks!

More
7 years 1 month ago #12282 by JRhawk
Does Svi's 13 of first 24 points qualify?

• HawkErrant
More
7 years 1 month ago #12284 by HawkErrant
So far