Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Don’t bet against Kansas winning 14th consecutive Big 12 title (Keegan)

• porthawk
  • porthawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 2 months ago #12061 by porthawk
A little premature, but fun to read nonetheless....especially that best-case scenario!

www2.kusports.com/news/2017/feb/28/dont-...-14th-consecutive-b/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 2 months ago #12064 by NotOstertag
I enjoyed how HCBS called out Devonte and Josh specifically and told them to stick around. Josh, of course, won't. I'm hopeful on Devonte and Svi.

Here's the part I'll never understand: you'd think that the whole object of getting into the draft is to go when you're at your peak. Right now, neither of them are in the 1st round. You would think that the logic would dictate sticking around to improve your status. Instead, it seems like the fear of peaking as a junior and possibly not making it into round 1 projections as a senior somehow equates to a poorer chance of catching on with a team later on.

I just don't get it. Should be cut and dry. Devonte and Svi (you'd think) would automatically see that they're not 1st rounders, and come back planning to get even MORE fit under Hudy, and take their turn as "stars" next year.

Oh well, all premature. Still business to take care of this year.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

More
7 years 2 months ago #12069 by hairyhawk
From what I saw Monday night OU will be very good next year. They are very good right now. They are still young and did not handle the crowd and pressure like they need to but they are good. In the end I agree that you can't bet against Kansas.