Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

So ISU just won....

• NotOstertag
  • NotOstertag's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 2 months ago #12049 by NotOstertag
...and now they're alone in 2nd place in the Big 12. Whodathunkit? My prediction is that it won't last, and Baylor will win at Texas and ISU will lose at WVU. If that happens and KU beats OSU, we'll wrap it up with 16 wins and there will be a 3 way tie at 12 wins.

Historically, 14 is the number to win it all alone, and that would have done it again this year. 13 CAN often win it and will usually get you a share, but this year 13 would have been enough to take the whole thing alone (unless ISU beats WVU in Morgantown, and then 13 would have been the "tie" number).

At 15 wins, that's always been enough to take a solo crown, and if we win 16 it's a confirmation of how good this team is.

So Bayhawk, go ahead and put me down for 14 wins again for my prediction for next year.

I guess Saturday will be all about seeding for the Big 12 tournament at this point.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 2 months ago #12053 by JRhawk
Imagine a big if that KU wins this Sat. Have lost the last 3 there. Of course, really just playing for pride.

• NotOstertag
  • NotOstertag's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 2 months ago #12055 by NotOstertag
Good point. They took ISU to the wire, and have been hot of late. It's also senior night and Forte is graduating, so that'll give them some motivation.

I guess you have to offset that with us trying to break our losing streak there.

I dunno...don't want to trample on Asteroid's predictions, but I have to imagine that we'll be favored to win.

Here's the maddening thing: OU isn't very good and they played us very close for 32 minutes. It was less about them, and more about us sleepwalking in my opinion. When the REAL Kansas team suddenly turned it on, the discrepancy between the two teams was apparent. If THAT Kansas team plays against anyone (including OSU on senior night) it won't be a contest. So, how do we get THAT team to show up at tipoff and stick around for 40 minutes?

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: KMT, Wheatstate Gal

More
7 years 2 months ago #12056 by JRhawk
Good points, NotO. To your last paragraph, if memory serves, I believe Holly Rowe reported after a late timeout Mon night, that HCBS made the point to the team that they can't just turn it on and off and expect to win. Hopefully they will view Sat aft as a very good test - a preview of the big dance. RCJHKU!

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 2 months ago #12058 by Wheatstate Gal
Thank goodness, Forte is finally graduating??!! He's been at OSU longer than Perry was at KU!!!! :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: NotOstertag

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
7 years 2 months ago #12060 by HawkErrant
LOL!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"