Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

I'm really beginning to hate the Star

• konza63
  • konza63's Avatar Topic Author
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
7 years 2 months ago #12035 by konza63
(Excepting Bedore and Newell, of course)

Now they're resorting to reprinting OTHER rival-town articles disparaging KU. Click-bait and Kevin Keitzman-style anti--KU coverage at its finest.

www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12...rticle135531583.html

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KMT, Wheatstate Gal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 2 months ago #12037 by Bayhawk
Without trying to wade into this cesspool, I should like to point out that the thesis of the authors article is that KU is getting away with bad behavior because Baylor is worse. Well speaking for myself, here in the Bay Area, where traffic is impossible, I speed and use the carpool lane solo as often as I can get away with. My efforts are aided by the strategy that I'm never the fastest nor the most obvious violator on the road. CHP, stretched thin and chasing real criminals, pass me by to go get the blatant scofflaw.

Does it make my behavior any better? No. But I thank every low-life looser on the road for no other reason than it takes the heat of me! ;)

Thank you Baylor Bears, for your lack of institutional control, "rape culture", and overall lack of integrity. Be sure to watch KU in the final four on CBS! :P

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wheatstate Gal

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 2 months ago #12041 by Wheatstate Gal
TRIPE!!!!

Oh, I could type soooooooooooooooo much.

But I like it here and I want to still be allowed to play with you all in the sandbox.....cause it's so much FUN this year.

More
7 years 2 months ago #12043 by OreadExpress
Funny you would mention KK...I was just thinking recently that he would be the biggest cheerleader of the "reporting" being pumped out by the Star. They've doubled-down on tabloid news...find a fact, or even something plausible and string it together with innuendo and speculation. Funny how Bedore and Newell have been spared so far from the splattering crap the paper is happy to be involved in. Guess readership must be pretty low.

To quote Jake Taylor from Major League... "Well, I guess there is only one thing to do...win the whole f'ing thing."

More
7 years 2 months ago #12044 by porthawk
That's a great quote, OE! I've used it often!

More
7 years 2 months ago #12048 by NotOstertag
When my phone buzzed with the KU Hoops app (which I'll be deleting) and I saw the article, it became apparent that whoever is in charge of the Star's sports page obviously has an axe to grind with Kansas. So now they're dead to me, just like that no talent butt-clown Jack Harry (is he still breathing air and converting it into annoying noises?)

Without anything new negative to write about KU, the Star is now googling other negative articles about KU. That, my friends, is desperation that smells a lot like a sports editor with ties to a basketball program that left the Big 12 and hasn't been heard from since.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

• konza63
  • konza63's Avatar Topic Author
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
7 years 2 months ago #12050 by konza63
Agreed, NotO. Bedore & Newell are still great, but these new names going after KU can go you know where.

PS: in the article I posted, I literally only read 2 lines and then parachuted out. That was enough for me.

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NotOstertag

More
7 years 2 months ago #12065 by denster
I haven't taken the star in 12 years, my life has been so much happier
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant