Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Colby earning minutes!

• NYCJayhawk
  • NYCJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 2 months ago #11909 by NYCJayhawk
Like what I'm seeing from him tonight. Makes me wonder why he couldn't get on the court more, especially with Bragg's deficiencies this season.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 2 months ago #11957 by NotOstertag
He played well. Some thoughts:

I always wanted to see his stats-per-minute as it seems in the rare occasion that he'd come in, he'd play 1 minute, get a dunk, a block and/or a rebound before being pulled. He looked VERY comfortable yesterday.

This could be because Texas isn't all that good this year and HCBS wanted to rest Lucas and Bragg a little, but if that's the case, where was Lightfoot?

Instead, my theory would be that Coleby IS actually showing that he can play in practices to the point where HCBS is ready to trust him...a little...in games. IF that's the case, things bode well for us. He's a big body with 5 fouls to give, who can shot block, and who has a "dunk first" mentality. What's not to like about that for a guy coming off the bench?!?

Anyway, maybe it IS just a way to rest Lucas, and it could certainly continue in the next 2 meaningless games. Even if that's the case, however, it's getting him valuable playing time, which can only help.

No matter what the case is, I think I can safely speak for everyone that it would be great to see him as a solid contributor who can give us some depth as we get into the post season.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

More
7 years 2 months ago #11960 by JRhawk
I read that Self and other coaches said Coleby is getting his bounce back - they see it in practice. Hopefully he will continue and get to play. Story: http://www2.kusports.com/news/2017/feb/25/dominant-dwight-colebys-big-first-half-lifts-jayha/?mens_basketball