Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Announcers for KU @tu -- Walton & Pasch?

More
7 years 2 months ago #11936 by Bayhawk
Thanks Badger, I unloaded on them,

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #11938 by Illhawk
I am still working out the rules for the Bill Walton drinking game. At it's most basic every time he says "Conference of Champions" you sip and every time somebody else says "Conference of Champions" you gulp.

It is probably a good thing he won't be doing any more Jayhawk games for a while.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, porthawk

More
7 years 2 months ago #11959 by NotOstertag
He was horrible. Split screen was horrible. Every timeout showing photos of him around Austin were horrible.

I don't dislike Bill Walton, but he seemed to forget that his job is to serve his audience, and instead he was entirely self-serving.

Here's my theory: some guy at ESPN thought it would be cool to have a guy from UCLA's 13 streak announce at KU game as they matched that "unbeatable" record. Perhaps Walton didn't want to do it, which might explain the way he approached the game.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
7 years 2 months ago #11969 by HawkErrant
I think it's simpler than that. UCLA v AZ was the big game on College Game Day on Saturday. Since Bilas & the Game Day crew do those games, the ESPN powers that be needed to find a gig for Walton & Pasch, who would normally do the big PAC-12 game that day. KU winning13 straight would be a natural fit for Bill as the only ESPN guy with ties to the UCLA dynasty.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"