Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

KU stays at #3 in the polls...

• konza63
  • konza63's Avatar Topic Author
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #11662 by konza63
www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/ran...week/16/seasontype/2

Perhaps this wasn't surprising, since Villanova didn't lose last week, but I do find it "interesting" that KU only garnered 1 lone vote in the AP poll for the top spot (along with zero such votes in the coaches poll). This after having beaten the #9 and #4 teams in the same week, while Gonzaga and Villanova continued to play their patsy schedule in their leagues.

Oh well, the only poll that matters is the one at the end. And I want Gonzaga to get the top 1 seed (as long as we get the 1 in KC) and have all the pressure of that and being an undefeated team going into the tourney. Better for KU to not be the overall #1, I think, this year.

PS: Am I the only one who would RELISH a rematch with Villanova in the national championship, to exact some sweet revenge? As long as they don't bring their Philly ref again, that is... :angry: :evil: :pinch:

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by konza63.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.