Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Some recruiting news Trae Young...

More
7 years 2 months ago #11373 by Kong
usatodayhss.com/2017/all-access-all-usa-...ecruiting-roundtable

Implies a decision soon. Maybe Thursday?

Not certain Self would have put it that way with the potential of Graham still being here next year, but it sure seems like, at least from this article, that Self is planning on Graham NOT being here.

Enjoy or ignore at your leisure

Visualize Whirled Peas
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, JRhawk, Bayhawk, OreadExpress

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #11375 by OreadExpress
That was a good read. Always interesting to see any insight in the processes these kids go through. Trae and his folks seem very grounded in the realities of the recruiting game and have confidence in talking through the possibilities together while acknowledging who has the ultimate say. Maybe I'm biased, but I have always felt KU is a strong choice with kids that are really into the process of finding the best fit for them and not too caught up in the recruiting game itself.

An article in the KC Star last week talked about Self and Kruger sitting together in the stands and watching Trae Young. In that article it was noted that OU and KU were finalists along with the Cowboys and mentioned a Feb. 16 noon decision to be made in his home gym there in Norman.

As far as Devonte goes, I'm not sure he has set himself up for a jump to the League after this season. I think he can get there, but he didn't take that step up from a strong sophmore campaign. It seems I have seen this draft class being described as guard heavy and if that is so, just another reason DG should stay the course at KU.

I thought that discussion around DG and Malik in the USA Today article gets at one concern talented young guys might have coming in...where will I fit and will there be enough ball to go around to let me showcase and develop my talents?
Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by OreadExpress.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

More
7 years 2 months ago #11376 by OreadExpress
Here's that KC Star article I mentioned...not sure it got posted elsewhere on the board.

KC Star
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

More
7 years 2 months ago #11437 by Kong
www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/sto...its-oklahoma-sooners

That's too bad. Best of luck to the kid, unless he is playing KU of course

Visualize Whirled Peas

More
7 years 2 months ago #11439 by NotOstertag
I actually take this as good news. OU is pretty bad this year, and he's turning down a much higher profile school. That tells me that he wants guaranteed playing time, and doesn't want to compete with the likes of Devonte Graham for reps. With Devonte listed as a 2nd round pick, I'd love to have him back as "the star PG" next year both for our own success and for his continued development into a 1st round pick.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot