Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Tonight, one night only -- Konza & HE @AFH!

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
7 years 2 months ago #11291 by HawkErrant
Konza finds himself far afield from his Virginia dominion and back home in the Kansas of his youth. SOOOO... later today he is heading to Lawrence where we are hooking up to go to The Phog for tonight's game and a chance (1) to see another KU win and (2) help set a new Guinness World Record for arena decibels achieved!

For (3), we'd like to meet up before the game with any RCBers who will also be in attendance tonight. We plan on being there around 7:00, so give me a holler via Private Message if you're going and you're interested in hooking up with us. We' can work out the rally point offboard.

For those who may not remember how to access the RCB PM, you can either click on my linked name to get to my profile and the PM link there, or you can access it as illustrated below.

ROCK CHALK, JAYHAWK GO KU!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
7 years 2 months ago #11292 by konza63
Can't wait! Spontaneity is a great thing...

There will be some serious, positive karma in the Ole Barn tonight! :-)

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

More
7 years 2 months ago #11298 by porthawk
Good stuff, gents. Hopefully you can help cheer on our guys to a W. Btw, HE, is the crowd really trying to set a new Guinness World record for arena decibels?

• HawkErrant
More
7 years 2 months ago #11299 by HawkErrant
porthawk wrote: "Btw, HE, is the crowd really trying to set a new Guinness World record for arena decibels?"

www.kuathletics.com/news/2017/2/4/mens-b...-roar-on-feb-13.aspx

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

• jaythawk1
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • RCJH! e'77, b'77
More
7 years 2 months ago #11300 by jaythawk1
The energy and noise of this Oklahoma grounded Jayhawk is being channeled to the Phog for your use in the effort! RCJH!

Education Is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence~Robert Frost

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 2 months ago #11301 by Wheatstate Gal
K63 and HE--

Represent well, Guys!! Know that there are a BUNCH of us wishing we were there, too!

Konza....Memory shot.....aren't you the "dad" with the darling son? Photos from the YUM/KFC arena? I suppose he's at home with Mama K63....watching for Dad and Uncle HE on TV???

Rock Chalk.....and Y-E-L-L!!!! Everybody YELL!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, HawkErrant

More
7 years 2 months ago #11303 by jayhawk969
Good luck and hold your ears I was there for the last Pizzou game, when the sound was all naturally induced :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, HawkErrant

• HawkErrant
More
7 years 2 months ago #11304 by HawkErrant
Running a little late, probably won't get there until at least 7:15. Will probably hang around Booth Hall a bit before heading up for our seats. I'll be the 6-5 guy with white hair and Van Dyke.

We'll be rooting hard, folks! Thanks for all the well wishes!

(And I'm bringing ear plugs for both of us... don't know about Konza63, but I gotta protect what little hearing I've got left!)