Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

It's time for a Graham game

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
7 years 2 months ago #11274 by HawkErrant
With Frank not his usual healthy self (Self says Frank's been dealing with it for a week now), KU is going to need a huge game from DG in order to defeat WVU in AFH on Monday. The question is does Graham have it in him?

Granted that he has purposely taken a back seat to the Mason-Jackson show this season. Granted that we know, because we have seen it in the past, that he *is* fully capable of playing at such a peak.

The question still is *will* he step up? Is he still in possession of that internal key that enables him to ratchet up his play to the level he was at late last year? Yesterday would have been a great game for him to step up, but he did not.

Don't get me wrong, normally 6 assists to 1 turnover 3 rebounds and 2 steals is a good supporting cast performance. But 2-8 shooting (0-2 inside, 2-6 outside the arc), with no free throws even attempted, and some specious defense is not. And Monday KU will need a star performance from him against Thuggins crew.

Here's hoping Frank has recovered by Monday night ... and whether Frank has or not, De is ready to return to the heights again.

ROCK CHALK!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 2 months ago #11275 by Ge635
Frank the Tank is has a bumb tread and clogged fuel line but still a force to be reckoned with. Amazing. I hate to see him clearly battling to the point of total exhaustion. I can't even make it to the office when I get the flu.

More
7 years 2 months ago #11276 by LSHawk
I'll be there cheering him (and them all) big time...

More
7 years 2 months ago #11277 by Bayhawk
Totally agree HE, however my guess is that we get another JJ show with DG being nominated for "Best Supporting . . ." as per usual.

Having said that, let the record show I am a HUGE DG fan and would love to see a breakout,

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
7 years 2 months ago #11280 by HawkErrant
You may recall that I'm also a big Devonté fan, starting from the day he was recruited and we learned about Tom Konchalski's eval of the guy Mrs HE lovingly calls "my baby faced boy". I do not disagree with your comment about it likely being the Josh Jackson show, per se if Frank is till ailing, but I do maintain that it needs to be more the Jackson-Graham show if our Jayhawks are to beat WVU. The Mountaineers are playing much more solidly this past few weeks, winning 5 of their last six (all wins by 11 points or more, the only loss at a hot OSU), starting with them solidly beating us in Morgantown. For them, there is already Jayhawk blood in the water.

The question will be whether or not KU can successfully work that baited shark trap that will be Allen Fieldhouse. Methinks to do so Graham must step up his game.

ROCK CHALK!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"