Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Frank gets jobbed by refs! nfm

• Bayhawk
  • Bayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 2 months ago #11247 by Bayhawk
:angry:
RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• Bayhawk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 2 months ago #11248 by Bayhawk
:angry: :angry:

RC

-- Jules Michelet

• Bayhawk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 2 months ago #11250 by Bayhawk
:unsure: :angry: :ohmy: RC

-- Jules Michelet

More
7 years 2 months ago #11256 by Senex68
In what other profession is this level of ineptitude permitted? Year after year we watch referees without ability damage the game of college basketball by demonstrating their absolute inability to perform their jobs competently. And it's almost all of them. As a class of professionals, they are the most incompetent I have ever seen. And they are getting worse. Is the job simply beyond the ability of 3 humans? All humans? Any humans? I simply cannot understand it. I would not be surprised if eventually someone sues a referee for incompetence. Imagine a 'basketball malpractice' suit. They certainly deserve it. I would LOVE to read a defense of their performance in general, and their performance today.

"When you have a ruling class that doesn’t believe in — or even much like — the fundamental values of the nations it rules, things tend to work out poorly.”

Glenn Reynolds
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk, murphyslaw

• Bayhawk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 2 months ago #11261 by Bayhawk
RC

-- Jules Michelet

More
7 years 2 months ago #11263 by hairyhawk
That would be an interesting case right now. The refs though bad are usually bad in both directions. today's calls on Carlton in the first half and Josh in the 2nd half not with standing. The thing is the game is getting faster and the players are getting better at acting. I would think coaches might talk to players about not making a flat surface when you swipe at the ball to prevent the loud slap sound as a way to get a little advantage. It always amazes me what the zebra's see and don't see. It seems to me they see what they are looking for. Some players it seams get called for fouls when they step on the court. I think they are like weathermen. Jobs where you can be wrong most of the time and still keep your job. Though I do wonder about the objectivity of some of the refs.

More
7 years 2 months ago #11272 by AZhawk87
Holy cow. I never engage in complaining about refs. HOWEVER, I just watched the second half from yesterday and was appalled at the calls. Almost every player takes an extra step when receiving a pass on the perimeter, but I've never seen traveling called, until the one on Svi. A couple on Frank (his fourth was a travesty), Lucas and the phantom block on JJ that even the announcers called out as horrible.

Horrible outing by that crew.