Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Baylor beats OSU

• porthawk
  • porthawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 2 months ago #11194 by porthawk
Baylor was up by 13 with about 4 minutes to go. OSU cut it to 1 with a minute left, but couldn't tie or take the lead.

You can see the scoring graphed on this chart: www.espn.com/ncb/game?gameId=400916236

Would've been nice if the Cowboys won, but c'est la vie. Hopefully the Oklahoma can beat WVU.

On a separate note, it's been announced that NYC public schools are closed in advance of the storm tomorrow. I love teaching, but there's nothing like the magic of an unexpected snow day. :) Konza, are they expecting much, if anything, in DC?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
7 years 2 months ago #11195 by HawkErrant
:huh:
First time WVU has won in Norman since they joined the B12.
Dang it all anyway.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
7 years 2 months ago #11198 by Kong
But nothing much is expected here. Mostly it has just been rainy.

I heard Boston is expecting a foot though. You aren't going to let them out do you are you NY?

Visualize Whirled Peas

More
7 years 2 months ago #11200 by NotOstertag
Looks to be about a foot here in Port Chester NY. No school. Working from the home office today.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

• porthawk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 2 months ago #11201 by porthawk
Sorry NotO, totally forgot that you lived in Westchester. Is Port Chester near White Plains?

• porthawk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 2 months ago #11203 by porthawk
Woops...I was replying to NotO when I just noticed that the "not Konza" post originated with Kong. Teach should be more on alert after a good night sleep. :)

Kong, can you clarify this question for me: You aren't going to let them out do you are you NY?

More
7 years 2 months ago #11205 by Kong
No, I am in the DC area too. That is why I started out with the Not Konza comment regarding DC weather.

The comment was just a silly throw away line. I figured since Boston and NY are always rivals, and Boston was supposed to get a foot of snow, that NY would take that as a challenge to out do them. Just silliness

Visualize Whirled Peas

More
7 years 2 months ago #11207 by NotOstertag
For some reason, my display doesn't indent the replies in threads, so it might have been my misplaced thread that got things wacky. Apologies to all concerned.

Yep Port, Port Chester (named after you?) is the last town in New York before you hit Connecticut along Long Island Sound. White Plains is inland, and we're on the coast (about 5 miles away). Tucked between Rye NY and Greenwich CT.

If anybody on the board ever finds their way out here, shoot me a message, and I'll buy you a beer!

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

• porthawk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 2 months ago #11212 by porthawk
No worries. Also responding to NotO's comment, the lack of indentations (which Dave said he doesn't like either) in replies to messages leads to a bit of confusion.

• porthawk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #11213 by porthawk
...Westchester geography lesson. I don't own a car so when I head to White Plains, Armonk, or Katonah (where my friends live), I take Metro North. And not driving leads me to be less familiar with where the cities are relative to each other.

As for Port Chester being named after me...if the town is named after a guy name "Portnoy," then yes it's named after me...but I doubt that's the case :)
Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by porthawk.

More
7 years 2 months ago #11214 by NotOstertag
Armonk is a little north of where I am. I ride my bike through there frequently on weekends. Katonah too. Nice areas.

You probably take the Harlem line (blue trains) on Metro North when you go that way. I'm on the New Haven line (red trains).