Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Let's lighten up, shall we.?

• LSHawk
  • LSHawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 2 months ago #11145 by LSHawk
As I read posts, it seems to me we're being a bit too hard on our guys. They just won in Manhattan, not a given like it was in the past. This was 55 hours after an emotional, overtime, upset loss at home. It was the 3rd game in 5 days and 5th game in 14 days. We have sole possession of 1st place in the league despite lots of on and off-court adversity. I, for one, say there's lots more pluses than minuses...
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk, Rosie19

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
7 years 2 months ago #11146 by konza63
Are you reading post-game posts or in-game posts?

If it's the latter, there is always a big difference on this board--and all boards--between the raw, emotional posts during games and those afterwards.

There aren't many posts on here to begin with, but I didn't sense a lot of negative post-game posts. I can't speak for others, but I thought it was a very solid, gritty win--in fact, I posted that I thought we won in spite of playing against 5 K-Staters and 3 zebras.

I'll take this win anytime--very gutsy, tough, grind-it-out kind of win.

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk, Rosie19

• LSHawk
  • LSHawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 2 months ago #11147 by LSHawk
Yeah, maybe I'm just looking for more post-game posts and acknowledgement of effort after a big win...
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk

More
7 years 2 months ago #11149 by NotOstertag
I'm pretty happy with the W last night. They looked tired, and I think having Bragg back helped a lot.

Love it that HCBS is giving them 2 days off. No practice until Thursday, I believe. Let these guys catch a break and recover.

Any win on the road is a good win in our league, and a win at K-State is always a good thing.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 2 months ago #11151 by Wheatstate Gal
Let's hope they subscribe to their Aunt Wheatie's time off routine.....NAP, NAP, NAP.

for pete's sake, stay "home" and behave! :-)

Good win, last night!

• texkan
  • Ring my Bell, if you can find it! ;)
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #11159 by texkan
...the charter boat is ready for a two-day fun trip to the FL keys, ;p thank you, texkan :woohoo:
Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by texkan.

More
7 years 2 months ago #11166 by hairyhawk
I do not think we win that game without Carlton. I agree that the guys looked really tired and just willed this win. I hope they recover and have more energy because they will need it both Sat @ Tech and Monday at the field house. They will need a lot of energy for both of those games.