Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Bragg & Coleby

• konza63
  • konza63's Avatar Topic Author
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
7 years 3 months ago #11082 by konza63
ISU had a major height disadvantage vs. Lucas, but he's offensively challenged so we couldn't or didn't take full advantage of that mismatch.

I think this was one game where not having Carlton really hurt. He could've given us some extra height and offensive scores inside that might have made the difference.

Coleby played important minutes vs. UK, but didn't even see the floor yesterday. Anyone know why not?

Our depth at bigs is nonexistent without those two. (Lightfoot looked lost out there yesterday) Landen can't do it all, and has to be getting tired and worn down. And now we head into a meat-grinder at KSU. Ugh. This could get worse fast.

I'm officially worried. No depth, fatigue setting in, and a very tough schedule. Danger ahead.

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 3 months ago #11085 by NotOstertag
Maybe it was just me, but I didn't even see Bragg sitting on the bench. Does anybody know if he's still practicing with the team or even on campus?

Maybe I'm wrong, but if he's not even attending home games, "indefinite" sounds a lot more "permanent".

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

More
7 years 3 months ago #11103 by Riverhawk
My fear exactly, and has been for a while. This is a very gritty bunch that deserves a lot of credit, but they have to be tired.
Self said yesterday it's basically a six man team, and I might add on some nights it's really five.
I think the air went out of the balloon in the second half, and especially overtime. Just didn't have enough gas left in the tank. Too many big games in a row, and too many minutes. And they ask way too much of Mason. The brief time he was off the floor the offense didn't run at all. Chris Piper said at the start of the season one key was to keep Frank fresh at the end, unlike last year. Sigh...clearly that ain't happening. I'm afraid the rest of the conference and season could really be a struggle.

More
7 years 3 months ago #11106 by RobS
I had been thinking that Bragg would be back after missing 2 weeks. If a coach misses 2 weeks for a marijuana charge, I thought 2 weeks would be about right for a paraphernalia charge. We shall see.

I'm also curious about Coleby. But we know Self. One mistake and a player sometimes gets relegated to the bench for a long time, and especially with the bigs. Sometimes when a big knows he has screwed up, when the buzzer sounds during the next stoppage he will just turn and go to the bench, not even looking at who is coming in to confirm that he is going out.

Mongo just pawn in game of life.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk

More
7 years 2 months ago #11119 by NotOstertag
Suiting up for the game tonight. Suspension lifted. Glad that's over with. Hoping that Mr. Bragg is finally motivated to focus on his game.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot