Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

How 'bout them Hawks, baby!

• konza63
  • konza63's Avatar Topic Author
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
7 years 2 months ago #10950 by konza63
Great win against a VERY athletic, game, and talented #2 team.

I LOVED the ESPN Sports Center stat after the game: Drew has lost more games just himself (10) at AFH than Self has in his entire tenure playing all foes at the Barn. B)

Rock Chalk!!!

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: newtonhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 2 months ago #10954 by OreadExpress
Great game. The Self losses in the Fieldhouse stat is one for the ages. Unbelievable success...such a high level of greatness.
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63

More
7 years 2 months ago #10955 by NotOstertag
Drew must be pulling out his last 4 or 5 hairs from frustration.

Great win.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wheatstate Gal

More
7 years 2 months ago #10965 by NYCJayhawk
This was definitely the game I was most worried about. Baylor's size and length, and th Jayhawk's lack thereof, seemed like a recipe for disaster. And in that first half, as Motley did whatever he wanted, I felt a moment of real concern. But Mason just put the team on his back, and Jackson again proved he's a top three draft pick, and Lucas continues to play smart and tough, and solid contributions from everyone else...and one more W in the books.

I like this team. A lot. I see their weaknesses, and depth is a real concern going forward, but I really believe 13 is gonna happen.

More
7 years 2 months ago #10968 by JRhawk
Lack of depth is my biggest nightmare. Small flashes from Coleby and Lightfoot though. JJ continues to amaze. Azu's injury was tough - I was hoping for a reprise of Cole eating Hansbrough's lunch in the 2008 FF game. Great to see Frank, Devonte, & Svi playing well. Tough that Landon has to play with kid gloves, but he is handling that better. Last two wins have been very positive.

More
7 years 2 months ago #10969 by DocHawk
Our depth problem may be improving. Bragg was granted a diversion on his bong problem. With his legal problems behind him, the ball is in Self's court. Job one is getting Bragg back on the court. Job 2 is getting him playing up to his capability.

More
7 years 2 months ago #10974 by porthawk
Could job #3 be keeping him out of any more questionable incidents?