Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Bragg charged

More
7 years 3 months ago #10905 by NotOstertag
That depends, I guess. Anybody got a copy of the team rules? ;)

One one hand, if HCBS has tied the suspension to the outcome of the legal proceedings, then he's gone until at least March. But having suggested that at one time, I don't know if that's the "rule" or even what HCBS has in mind.

On the other hand, if HCBS is operating independently of the legal system (entirely possible) and has his own version of "Bill Self Justice" then maybe it's just a matter of how long he wants to keep him in the doghouse and what other tasks he may or may not have assigned to Mr. Bragg. In that case, if/when Bragg fulfills his commitments to Self and/or "does his time" under Self Justice, then he could be back on the floor.

Self holds his weekly presser on Wednesdays, right? I imagine some clarity will be forthcoming.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
7 years 3 months ago #10910 by HawkErrant
Seems likely given the date.

To be honest, I do not expect to see him back this year, if at all. Just my gut.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #10922 by mpeterson44
Last Edit: 7 years 3 months ago by mpeterson44. Reason: spelling error
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #10924 by DrJHawker
I wonder what this means for his season?

I hope Bragg is able to return and returns with a greater focus. The young man is so likable and has so much potential but has really been shooting himself in the foot with his negligent actions.
Last Edit: 7 years 3 months ago by DrJHawker.

More
7 years 3 months ago #10925 by Bayhawk
If he shoots his foot as he shoots field goals, then he stands about a fifty- fifty chance! :unsure:

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet
The following user(s) said Thank You: sasnak, Wheatstate Gal, DrJHawker

• OreadExpress
  • OreadExpress's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 3 months ago #10943 by OreadExpress
I imagine the diversion clears the way for a return now based on CB fulfilling any tasks and requirements HCBS has set forth. I wondered if a diversion might be possible but really didn't expect one until closer to the court date.

Timeline for a return? No idea, but now that the court date is gone and a diversion in place, a return is now possible in the short term.