Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Any time KU beats Duke and Kentucky in the same season...

• konza63
  • konza63's Avatar Topic Author
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #10831 by konza63
...is a

cherry on top.

Doing so makes it a successful, enjoyable season already. How about beating UNC in the tourney, to round out the top 3 programs I always most want KU to beat?

Attaining #13 (next goal in focus) would make it exceptional.

I'll stop there, before I get too far ahead of myself. ;)

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
Last Edit: 7 years 3 months ago by konza63.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, gorillahawk, newtonhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 3 months ago #10833 by Bayhawk
I had forgotten about puke!! Man o man, what a season! :cheer:

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

More
7 years 3 months ago #10840 by NotOstertag
Well if we're making wishes..

>KU beating UNC in the elite 8 would be nice (don't want to give them a final four appearance).

>A 3-0 sweep vs Baylor would feel nice, and remind Scot Drew that he's a 2nd tier coach at a school where mens hoops is at best the 4th priority behind football, women's basketball, and sex scandals.

>Mizzou takes their 0-and-whatever conference record to the SEC tourney, knocks off Kentucky in round 1 and goes on to win the thing to get an NCAA tourney bid. KU draws Mizzou in round 1 (1 vs 16) and Mizzou fans finally get their grudge match. Mizzou is hot and their fans think they have a shot. Alas, the Mizzou bus breaks down on the way to the game because it runs out of gas due to the players siphoning the diesel fuel as part of the meth lab they set up in the hotel, and they can't buy more gas because it turns out that the entire entourage has had their credit cards frozen because they're all using stolen identities. Mizzou misses the tipoff and has to forfeit. With no access to cash, the entire group spends the weekend in jail. The NCAA politely recommends that they refrain from all D1 sports in the future.

Dare to dream.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Wheatstate Gal

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
7 years 3 months ago #10842 by HawkErrant
???

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
7 years 3 months ago #10848 by OreadExpress
Go big or go home, eh?

That's a pretty detailed wish regarding Mizzou. :evil:

More
7 years 3 months ago #10853 by NotOstertag
Yeah...a bit of a stretch maybe.

How's this: a Duke rematch in the NCAA tourney. KU up by 1 point with a few seconds left. Suddenly, Duke's breaks free for a fast break and is heading down court all alone to make the game winning layup. Instead, he trips over the free throw line, ball goes out of bounds. Game over.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 3 months ago #10861 by Wheatstate Gal
Crying cheerleader
Crying piccolo player
Crying graysie boy
Crying kruzooooooroooski

:-D

More
7 years 3 months ago #10869 by NotOstertag
How about this: Grayson Allen trips himself and loses the game for his team, and the camera zooms in on him sprawled out on the court...as a single tear trickles down his cheek. :)