Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Officiating Perspective

• hairyhawk
  • hairyhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 3 months ago #10799 by hairyhawk
Something I find very interesting is why some guys get calls and some guys don't. This year Mr. Mason has almost always gotten the benefit of any doubt from the officials. He jumps into the defender and the defender is called for a foul often times. On the other hand Mr. Lucas can be in good defensive position and the offensive player brushes him and he gets called for a foul. When he is fighting for position with another player he is the one who will be called for the foul more often. Mr. Mykhailiuk is another that never gets the benefit of anything close. Another thing I notice this year is people playing defense with there hands and getting away with while guys like Mr. Mykhailiuk not using his hands yet being called for the foul. I do not understand why that is and maybe that is just my perception and I am totally wrong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.