Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Any chance we stay move to #1?

• porthawk
  • porthawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 3 months ago #10789 by porthawk
We lost to WVU (which was expected based on the statistics and being at their place) and beat UK at their place (which was not what the statistics predicted). With #1 Villanova losing and #3 Gonzaga playing in weaker conference, I'd say there's an outside chance we will be #1.

It is likely though, that Gonzaga will move from #3 to #1, we stay #2, and I think Baylor will move to #3.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 3 months ago #10792 by wchawk
I assume Gonzaga will get the #1 spot. But I would be fine being #3, with Baylor coming in at #2, for a little more incentive next week. We can wait to be #1 in April!
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

More
7 years 3 months ago #10795 by hairyhawk
I do not think there is any chance we move up in the polls after going 1 and 1 for the week. I also do not think we should move up after going 1 and 1. I think with the overall poor showing of the Bib XII in the challenge you can see why. I also agree with Wchawk that having Baylor ahead of us may be good for the guys.

More
7 years 3 months ago #10854 by mpeterson44
KU drops to #3. Gonzaga is #1 and Baylor is #2.

More
7 years 3 months ago #10856 by NotOstertag
Fine with me. Don't need the target on our backs to be any bigger than necessary at this point in the year. Here are my priorities (just in case anybody wonders, lol):

1.) Get #13, which means beating Baylor this week and continuing to play well thereafter.
2.) Happy to be in the #2-#6 spot in the polls for now, which maintains a likely #1 seed in the NCAAs.
3.) Get placed geographically well in the NCAA tournament. I'd even take a #2 seed in the correct region vs. a #1 far from home in a anti-KU bracket.

Bottom line, if we win the conference, all this stuff takes care of itself. Let somebody else deal with the heat of being #1. It means nothing for the next month.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Wheatstate Gal

More
7 years 3 months ago #10857 by KMT
Oh man - not that they needed any extra motivation to beat Baylor, but seeing Baylor ahead of them in the polls and getting Baylor at home...it's going to be nuts there at Allen...
www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/ran...s/_/year/2017/poll/1
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant