Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

So how important is CB?

• Bayhawk
  • Bayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 3 months ago #10784 by Bayhawk
Just starting a dialog,

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 3 months ago #10791 by murphyslaw
Since Bragg has been inconsistent in his play and oftentimes his effort, I have come to see him as another body to add to our depth
rather than as an indispensable team member.

His actions, whatever they have been, off the court translate to immaturity on the court.

Just my 2 shekels worth.

More
7 years 3 months ago #10794 by AZhawk87
I think he's very important, but I also don't believe he will deliver as needed.

We beat KY because they had almost zero inside presence. Bam can dunk, but he has no inside skill game and couldn't hit freethrows so we just fouled him. Almost every other team has destroyed us inside, and will continue to attack us there. We need another big to spell Lucas, but Bragg is not that guy.

I think the zone sets Self used today will be more useful going forward than Bragg.

I think Bragg will excel next year when we have AZ back and Preston coming in, where Bragg can play the hi and use his mid range jumper to open up the true bigs down low. That just isn't going to happen this year with Lucas as our only true big down low.

More
7 years 3 months ago #10798 by hairyhawk
I just am agreeing with what everyone else has already said. He is another big and we need that this year. He has not been as good as I think he can be, especially with consistency, but at times he has played well. We really need the depth inside. as teams with quality bigs are killing us in the post with Mr. Bragg and I feel it will be worse without him.

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
7 years 3 months ago #10812 by HawkErrant
CB has the talent and size to be a major player for KU.

I am not optimistic he will get the chance to be.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
7 years 3 months ago #10825 by NotOstertag
We're better with him than without him. He's not a liability. We need the depth.

So while he still makes mistakes and is developing, I hope that the "violation of team rules" was something stupid like oversleeping and missing practice or skipping class. Something easily fixable and easily forgiven. That's the problem with not knowing...if it's something that puts the program in bad light, then he should be shown the door. NO single player is bigger than the program.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk