Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

We interrupt this basketball season to update the crime blotter

• konza63
  • konza63's Avatar Topic Author
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
7 years 3 months ago #10717 by konza63
www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12...rticle129108614.html

Good grief. Enough already.

There's too much "smoke" these days (and harkening back to last year, with Brannen Greene's troubles) surrounding KU players and their off-court activities.

If (if/if/if) things are going on off court that could do serious harm to KU's image (both the historical basketball program and the university itself), I support Coach Self taking whatever punitive measures he sees fit--even if it hurts our chances this season.

As an alum who cares about the integrity of the program and university, that's where I come down.

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: murphyslaw, KMT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 3 months ago #10719 by Wheatstate Gal
Like you, Konza.....I care deeply about the University and it's great name.

I know I am jumping the gun.....but Carleton's antics are wearing thin with me. I don't think it is asking too much to freaking think and keep yourself out of newsworthy situations. Yes, he is young. We were all young and stupid college sophomores once. BUT don't you think if you are in a town of less than 100,000 people, your face is on "national" television twice a week for almost 6 months a year, AND you have already "skated" out of a situation......you'd make an attempt to keep your freaking nose clean?

Between him and the stupid cheerleading squad's instagram posting.....GRIEF!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: murphyslaw

More
7 years 3 months ago #10722 by LKF_HAWK
I echo both your statements, see my last post.

• konza63
  • konza63's Avatar Topic Author
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
7 years 3 months ago #10724 by konza63
Sorry, LFK. I should've just posted this in response me to your earlier take. I only saw the news reports last night, and wrote mine without seeing yours. We're in sync, but let's hope there is a good side to this (such as the players having reported the incident). There's too much nonsense going on with partying and late-night behavior, it appears.

We'lol have to see what comes out of it all. I'm sure it will be talked about, sadly, throughout the KU-UK game tomorrow.

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

More
7 years 3 months ago #10725 by LKF_HAWK
Konza, please no need to apologize. I agree this nonsense needs to stop. I expect a certain amount of immaturity given these are college kids, but where does it stop. Carlton is perilously close to throwing away a bright future, hope the kid figures it out. If the McCarthey Hall incident is true, it is just so disheartening to hear about a 16 year girl being assulted. I sincerely hope that the police, and The University get this figures out and right.