Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Mountaineers hit a bad patch . . .

• Bayhawk
  • Bayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 3 months ago #10586 by Bayhawk
I feel just sick about it -- really I do . . . :unsure:

NOT. :evil:

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 3 months ago #10588 by DrJHawker
If we can win on Tuesday, you can stick a fork in WVU's chances at the Conference Title. Kind of wonder if they were looking ahead a little.

More
7 years 3 months ago #10589 by newtonhawk
Do you suppose the Octagon spectators stormed the court? :blink:
The following user(s) said Thank You: NotOstertag

More
7 years 3 months ago #10616 by NotOstertag
Agree completely DrJ!

We have an opportunity to make a big statement on Tuesday, and there's really very little downside to us NOT winning.

If we lose, WVU will have "gotten back on track after an unexpected skid" and we'll still be in 1st place in the conference. Splitting the series with both Baylor and WVU (winning at home, losing on the road) clearly falls under "not unexpected" in the conference race, and if we DO split with both of them, all else being equal, we win the crown.

If we win, however, a couple things happen. First, WVU will be stuck at .500 ball will for all intents and purposes be out of the race. It'll also give us our 4th road win, meaning we need one more to get to 14...a big step in taking #13. Finally, it'll give us a nice momentum lift as we head into the wacky weekend of the Big 12/SEC Challenge where we'll face a tough game vs. Kentucky.

Bottom line, WVU has been staggered by some solid punches, and is standing on weak knees. We have the opportunity to deliver the knockout punch. With Frank and Devonte handling the rock, along with Svi and Josh assisting in that role, I like our chances against Huggie's thugs.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

More
7 years 3 months ago #10617 by NotOstertag
I think the Mildcat fans wear their court-storming shoes to every home game "just in case."

Fan 1: "Hey Fred, I see you have your court-storming shoes on. Who are they playing today?"

Fan 2: "Weber State. They're the cream of the crop in the Big Sky conference, so if we can beat 'em, I'm going to try and shove their coach into the scorers' table."

Fan 1: "Stay classy, Wildcat."

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

• Bayhawk
  • Bayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 3 months ago #10618 by Bayhawk
Too funny, :P

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet