Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Watching the UT Game

• DrJHawker
  • DrJHawker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 3 months ago #10578 by DrJHawker
I understand why Self made a strong effort to sign Jared Allen. Allen was someone I was disappointed that we missed out on but more today than when he actually committed to Texas. He's clearly the best big man on the court and the primary reason Texas is still in the game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
7 years 3 months ago #10584 by HawkErrant
Yeah, I know, but you guys already know I'm a Name Nazi, especially when it comes to our guys and our conference foes. (I'll never correct anyone for misspelling Coach K's name, especially since so many people intentionally misspell it!).
"One is my name. The other is not." - LCDR Data

To your points, DrJ, I was thinking the same thing, really wishing we could have landed the big kid. Looks to be pretty much the complete package. Of course, if KU had landed him, we probably wouldn't have Udoka, but who knows? Allen is only going to get better as the season progresses, and he's looking pretty darn good right now. Come Feb 25 our guys are going to have a battle at the Erwin Center in Austin.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

• DrJHawker
  • DrJHawker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 3 months ago #10587 by DrJHawker
HawkErrant, for me Allen was playing the way I'd hope Bragg would be playing this year. I'm still hoping Bragg plays to his potential but it's been slow coming.

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
7 years 3 months ago #10591 by HawkErrant
I read and understand, DrJ. I think we all expected much more from CB than we have seen to date. Hopefully he will progress as the season wears on.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
7 years 3 months ago #10596 by OreadExpress
When KU landed Udoka their chances of getting Allen suffered a significant blow. Still, Allen would have seen significant playing time with how the season has developed for KU, but at the time there were many prospects that stood to compete for and share playing time.

Looking through the play-by-play of today's game really underscored the dominating play from Jarrett Allen. That being said, his pedestrian 4-7 from the charity stripe becomes a real letdown considering several of those misses were the front end of 1-and-1 chances.