Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Ricky Rubio (of the T-wolves) on Wiggins and Aldrich, Cole

• porthawk
  • porthawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #10560 by porthawk
The Cole mention is great!

AS: One player who's pretty polarizing is Andrew Wiggins. You guys have some similarities as far as teenage fame, crazy expectations. Do you give him any advice at all?
Rubio: Well, take LeBron and Steph Curry. Their games don't have a lot of criticisms, and if those players still have haters, everybody's gonna have them. You know what I mean? So just stick with what you think you can do good, and realize what you have to improve. Wiggs, he really works hard every summer. We saw in the beginning of the season, he improved his three pointer, and that was a big weakness early in his career.

==================================================================================

AS: Was it nice to visit while Obama's still in office? He's a pretty serious basketball fan.
Rubio: Yeah, it was actually great. He talked about his experience going to the games in Chicago, and talking back and forth about the NBA. It's great to have such an important person, maybe the most important person in the world, talking to us about a game that we love.
AS: Who on the Wolves would make the best President?
RR: Ahhhh. The best president. I would say... Cole Aldrich.
AS: Why?
RR: Smart guy, knows what he's doing, and because all the other guys are 20... (laughs) I can't pick any of the 20-year-olds.

Full interview is here
www.si.com/nba/2017/01/11/ricky-rubio-ti...wiggins-barack-obama
Last Edit: 7 years 3 months ago by porthawk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sasnak, Bayhawk, gorillahawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.