Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Alone in 1st place...fool's gold?

• NotOstertag
  • NotOstertag's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 3 months ago #10335 by NotOstertag
Nice to see WVU take Baylor out last night, although it was far from an upset. WVU at home is tough, and I had not been convinced yet that Baylor was as good as their record indicated.

Nevertheless, we're the lone unbeaten team in the league. WVU falling to Tech was a bit of a surprise, but not completely because it too was a road loss.

The Baylor loss doesn't help us much, since we'll still need to go play at WVU and it's likely we'll suffer a similar fate if you assume that KU, WVU and Baylor will all hold home court. The WVU road loss was a bigger deal, and obviously if KU and Baylor can win there, that might be key.

Nevertheless, I'm enjoying our brief moment in the limelight as the undisputed #1 in the conference. Now we just need to hold onto it.

Lapses like last night's giving OU back the lead in the 1st half won't be so easily forgiven against teams who are actually winning games in the conference.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.