Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Updated Big 12 Projections

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 3 months ago #10260 by CorpusJayhawk
With most of Saturday's games in the books and all of the Big 12 games in the books, KU has a good day. All four of the top contenders in the Big 12 won today but KU had the best day,. Thus, our probabilities were enhanced. It was a cold day so I decided to develop a new algorithm for the DPPI making it (in my opinion) slightly more predictive and a little less weighted on past performance. It actually is a little less optimistic for KU. In my old DPPI KU now ranks 5th, in the new KU ranks 7th. But my oh my is it close. In the New DPPI West Virginia barely holds on to 1st place. In the old, Kentucky is in 1st with WVU in 2nd. I will use the new DPPI for the numbers below. KU is back into 2nd place in the Big 12. West Virginia is still the favorite. But KU is edging in.We are still 1.5 games behind West Virginia. If we keep playing like we did against Texas Tech, life will be good. As of this minute we are a 12.4 point favorite against OU. If we can beat them by 20 or more we will move up even more. What a great time of year.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: hairyhawk, porthawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.