Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Random Thoughts from a cluttered mind...

More
7 years 3 months ago #10204 by Kong
This team is playing about the same as they were a few weeks ago. Landon has stepped it up as has Josh, but overall not much growth. Specially on the defensive side of things.

We don't play defense, let alone tough defense, and I am not certain why. When you look at the players we have on the floor, Graham, Mason, Svi, Jackson, Lucas, etc. they are all capable of playing strong D, but they aren't seeming to play it together. Help is weak, running out after the open shooter because you left too late to actually help on the ball is a common theme with this team.

The sure can score at times in an avalanche. From all areas of the floor too. Specially with Landon coming on strong. Not missing nearly as many bunnies as he used to. Kudos to him.

Free throws. Good grief. I have a feeling this team might be like the Memphis team in 2008. Always saying it isn't a problem until it is in a major way. We will lose games because of it. It needs to improve dramatically.

This league is tough. The top of it has Baylor, WVU and ISU in it and they aren't flukes. The middle with TCU (a new coach can make a world of difference), KSU, TT, and OSU are no easy outs on any floor. And let's face it, UT and OU will always be up for us. I am thinking 13 wins gets a team a share and 14 is outright, but that is just a gut feel for it. Holding home court this year will be nearly impossible, so we have to hope everyone else trips up too. Every road win will be gold.

Was in the KC Lawrence area and had a blast. Forgot how much I missed the area, but I have to say that Lawrence has changed so much in the last 40 years. Wow. Not certain I would go back to live there after all this time. Still an enjoyable place, but mostly due to memories now.

Hope everyone had a great Holiday break and hope the New Year brings in great joy for everyone.

Visualize Whirled Peas
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.