Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Salient post-game comment by Self

• konza63
  • konza63's Avatar Topic Author
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
7 years 3 months ago #10191 by konza63
Self: "We've never had a team this poor on defense at KU (in his time here). We don't do anything to disrupt anybody."

And until that changes, and we learn to shoot FTs consistently, we will be living on the edge. (Or is it ledge?) :blink:

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, gorillahawk, wardhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 3 months ago #10195 by KMT
I know he has stated similar in the past, but couldn't agree with him more with this year's team...this team - while fun to watch - does not clamp down at all. Rather, it seems like they enjoy the track meets....and it's about who hits the most buckets.

More
7 years 3 months ago #10214 by NotOstertag
Numbers don't lie. A good defensive effort (against a team that on paper we should beat by double digits) doesn't look anything like the 88 points or +50% shooting percentage that KSU delivered last night.

KSU averages around 78 points per game and shoots 48% on the season. Typically teams don't exceed their season averages against KU when the game is in Allen Field House.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk