Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Do you see upside with Bragg?

• AZhawk87
  • AZhawk87's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 4 months ago #10148 by AZhawk87
I hate to say it, but I can't figure out where Bragg is going, and am doubting that he will provide much productivity this year. It's been too long for him to be in a "funk", which was mentioned early on. I also don't think it's that he's playing out of position - I honestly don't see a position for him right now.

I don't see improvement, and I don't see any semblance of a skillset that can be additive to the team. My biggest concern is that he just looks unathletic. So far, his role is simply to provide a few minutes of rest to Lucas, and that's it.

I hope he proves me wrong, but I'm worried.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #10150 by hoshi
Yep. 9 rebounds against TCU. All he needs to do is rebound and figure out how to not miss the bunnies. If he sticks around, and he should, he will work it out.

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits”. Albert Einstein
Last Edit: 7 years 4 months ago by hoshi.

More
7 years 4 months ago #10151 by bmchawk
It's definitely been disappointing season for him, so far. One position that I think suits him is playing the high post against a zone, hanging out at the corner of the free throw line. I like Josh there even more, but Bragg can hit the 12-15 footer better than Josh.

Bryan

More
7 years 4 months ago #10157 by big g
i think ( hope) whats going on is the fairly typical progression of a skinny kid starting to put on some weight, adding strength. usually skills take a step back temporarily. i think he'll be playing much better come march ( tho hopefully not well enough to put him back in the first round), setting him up for a truly breakout season next year playing next to doke with preston being the third big in rotation. with svi, graham and vick that wont be a bad core for number 14.