Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Advice please

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Wheatstate Gal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 4 months ago #10144 by Wheatstate Gal
OK I was traveling during game last night. It is recorded. So: to watch, or not to watch. That is the question. Many times I'll FF to the start of the 2nd half. Any suggestions? I have no intense need to see it, but I'm not particularly interested in the CFB playoffs.

Murphy: I have a number of movies stored up for days like these. I'm an OLD movie fan so I tend to record them for "rainy days" (including a couple of old holiday movies: going my way and the
1951 Christmas Carol). Keep us posted on your options.... I'm not much on special effects, sci fi, fantasy, violence or meanness....but schmaltz isn't my cup of tea either. BUT I'm always interested in others' recommendations and I'll edit/ select based on my own peculiar taste!! :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 4 months ago #10145 by hairyhawk
We shot so bad and TCU shot so well early that I was surprised when we took the lead. I thought it was a good example of effort.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wheatstate Gal

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 4 months ago #10147 by Wheatstate Gal
Hi Hairy--

Took your advice and "watched." I enjoyed watching LL. I like that "spin move" he makes under the basket. Hope Josh got his "stinker game" out of his system. :-). Actually I hope the TEAM got its stinker game ovah!

Is josh in the officials crosshairs to be "T'd" up? Sort of like the morrii twins? I tried to be objective--not sure his reaction to a questionable call was that egregious?

Prob looking thru my "crimson and blue" glasses again. ;-).

Again, thank you Hairy. I'm glad I watched.

WSG

More
7 years 4 months ago #10149 by hairyhawk
I thought you would be glad to watch the first half because even early I thought we played okay. We did not shoot well but they were good shots.

More
7 years 4 months ago #10156 by murphyslaw
I, too, have some golden oldies stashed away, The Spirit of St. Louis, Resurrection with Ellen Burstyn (her very best movie, IMO), Moonstruck, etc. Just remembered I have a VCR of the 1988 championship game!

Is the '52 version of the Christmas Carol the one starring George C. Scott? That's my favorite, and was shown several times in this area.

BTW, I'm glad you watched the game after all. Aren't we lucky to be fans of such a storied program? Even when the 'Hawks don't play their best, there still are thrilling moments!

Happy New Year, Wheatie!

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 4 months ago #10158 by Wheatstate Gal
Thanks, Murphy. I TOTALLY forgot about the championship games. I believe I have BOTH 88 and 08......

BTW...agree on the G C Scott version of Christmas Carol. The 50-ish one stars Alistair Sim--not looking so I may be butchering the spelling. Yes, I do like Moonstruck (I guess schmaltz is in the eyes of the beholder, as I enjoy this every time I see it)

And so much for some violence: I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the showtime production Homeland. I have liked Claire Danes since "my so-called life" and I was on campus when Mandy Patinkin was there.

For those of you who are about to say: TAKE IT TO ANOTHER BOARD, WHEATIE!!!! I'll stop now. Thanks.

And YES Murphy, we are indeed fortunate to be Jayhawks!