Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Kansas most consistent college basketball program in nation

• gorillahawk
  • gorillahawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 4 months ago #9946 by gorillahawk
Kansas most consistent college basketball program in nation

< www2.kusports.com/news/2016/dec/16/tom-k...tba/?mens_basketball >
The following user(s) said Thank You: jayhawk969, murphyslaw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 4 months ago #9967 by hairyhawk
It was a wonderful day yesterday. I again got to be entertained watch a group of young men play a game. I enjoy watching sporting events and when I have a rooting interest it is even better, especially when the team I am rooting for does well. Yesterday was another opportunity to be entertained and I took advantage of it. I am really lucky to be a Jayhawk fan as they have given me a lot of entertainment.
I agree with gorillahawk that there is little doubt we have been the most consistent team in men's college basketball. We really have been spoiled by the HCBS years. When I look back at the conference championship streak there have been lot's of years when we were not the most talented team but we found a way to win the championship. I hope I can maintain my equanimity if and when our team loses because they have been great for so long.
I think something that often gets lost on us fans can be shown by Astroid's great work. If we have a stretch of 20 games where we are favored in all 20 games the odds might and probably do say we will win maybe 17 of those 20 games. When we play them if we win 19, some of us will focus on the 1 game we lost and examine it. We might complain that we were favored and still lost so the players or the coaches are not doing a really good job. It is hard to step back and look at the big picture and say we did better than the odds say we should have by winning 19 of 20. I guess this is just a long winded way of saying enjoy the ride, or as Mr Embiid might say the process.
I had written something like this except more eloquent and concise and when I hit submit it said my session had timed out and the words went to the bit bucket.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, sasnak, gorillahawk

More
7 years 4 months ago #9972 by murphyslaw
I thought your post WAS very eloquent and concise.

Your views and opinions are similar to mine. My sis and I talk on the phone at the half and after the end of most KU games. Both of us agree on how lucky we are to be fans of the 'Hawks and to have Bill Self at the helm.

Yesterday's game was a bit scary in the first half, but it was truly thrilling the second half.

Many thanks to the staff and the young men who work so hard and give so much. Sometimes I feel they are doing this just for us!
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant