Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

The Carlton fiasco . . .

Poll: How relieved are you?

Never a worry . . .
2 28.6%
We dodged a bullet.
5 71.4%
My reason for living has returned!
No votes 0%
Total number of voters: 7
Only registered users can participate to this poll
  • Bayhawk
  • Bayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 4 months ago #9923 by Bayhawk
I, for one, am glad for ol' KU's reputation as well as HCBS and his program. And it's a lesson learned (hopefully) for CB.

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 4 months ago #9924 by Junkman
I happy that things worked out for the positive, particularly for Carlton, but I was never worried that Bill Self would not handle the situation appropriately, as it appears he has.

I hope there is a lesson learned here for the entire team that will result in strengthened focus and commitment for everyone the remainder of the season!

kj

More
7 years 4 months ago #9925 by Illhawk
My concern about how this affected the team was a bit limited since we were using bigs so sparingly and LL was rounding into form. ( As to the team, no worries.

My concern for CB was much deeper,these type of behaviors are too often the wrong turn that leads down a path of unmet potential. He dodged the bullet.

It seems most years we have a distraction or two. I would welcome this being the only significant one. If this keeps the team "careful out there" until April that would be a good thing.

More
7 years 4 months ago #9932 by NotOstertag
Bullet dodged all the way around. Thank God there was a camera there. In a he said/she said situation, most people are going to align themselves with the defenseless little girl instead of the 6'10" dude.

Even more glad that there will be no lingering issues.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot