Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Bragg, charge dropped

• hoshi
  • hoshi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #9916 by hoshi

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits”. Albert Einstein
Last Edit: 7 years 4 months ago by hoshi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 4 months ago #9918 by newtonhawk
This is great news, not only for Kansas BB, but also for the young man. I do hope that Carlton can move on from this and come out for the good. It would be interesting to know the response the female receives from her fellow students. I would have to imagine it is not very positive.

More
7 years 4 months ago #9919 by Illhawk
Good thing the camera was on. Getting it sorted out in less than a week is very quick.

• hoshi
  • hoshi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 4 months ago #9920 by hoshi
Having three daughters and four granddaughters, I find myself torn on this issue. With Bragg being bigger and stronger, I would hope that if one of my girls were to do what this young woman did, and I would hope not, that the male or the non-aggressor, it need not be a male, would or should just walk away. Maybe that was not possible in this case. I support the decision by the DU but I have seen too much mental as well as physical violence done to women to not feel some concern. To quote MLK
"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Hate multiplies hate, violence multiplies violence, and toughness multiplies toughness in a descending spiral of destruction."

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits”. Albert Einstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: texkan

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #9921 by DrJHawker
Like coach encouraged, I wanted to wait to say anything until all the facts came out. Yet, for some reason I had a strong feeling charges would be dropped and Bragg would continue his career at KU. I'm so glad it proved to be the case and very thankful the incident was on video. Hopefully, this will be a wake up call to Carlton about the conduct that led to this incident. Maybe his season will actually take a turn for the better after this.
Last Edit: 7 years 4 months ago by DrJHawker.

More
7 years 4 months ago #9926 by hairyhawk
That is good news. I like good news!

More
7 years 4 months ago #9933 by NotOstertag
I agree with your point in general. Walking away is 100% the best option. Then again, without seeing the tape (which we probably never will) there IS a point where you can/should defend yourself. If he was in a position where he couldn't walk away, or the "push" was more of a block/deflection, I'm ok with it. From the report, it sounds like she hit him about 8 times and grabbed his neck a couple of times. If anybody grabs my neck....man, woman, or child...I'm going to remove their hands.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot