Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

+/- for Nebraska -- Mason Rocks

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 4 months ago #9894 by CorpusJayhawk
Mason had an off the charts +/- in the Nebraska game. Lucas had an incredible defensive +/-. Azuibuike had a very good offensive +/- but a terrible defensive +/-. Jackson still not delivering the +/- at a phenom level. Graham and Mason are still tops and Mykhailiuk is very effective as well. Lucas is terrible for the season but is making inroads with his recent play. This team will ultimately rise and fall with Mason, Graham and Lucas. Jackson will only continue to get better.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: hairyhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 4 months ago #9902 by hairyhawk
We need Lucas and Azubuike to round out their games. Pretty interesting how well this shows we need LL on D and UA on O. I think they will continue to improve though it gets tough when we get into conference and all the teams know each other so well. JJ is a really interesting player. He usually makes a couple plays good that you say wow and a couple plays bad that you say wow. It's like he is a freshman just getting used to what he can and can't get away with. The one that I am most concerned with is DG and his lack of consistent intensity. When we get to play WVU and UK you need to play with intensity every second. Hopefully it is there and he is just saving it. I am not saying he is playing bad but I see what to me looks like him not playing hard sometimes. I could be wrong.

More
7 years 4 months ago #9904 by NotOstertag
DG doesn't worry me at all. When he flips the "competitive" switch to "full blast" he's unbelievable. Pessimistically speaking, I will say that he should be able to switch to "full blast" for every game, but in reality everyone sometimes plays to the level of their competition. So while I do think there's a risk of complacency with the "playing to the level of your competition" concept, he'll have plenty to get fired up about when the conference season hits.

Agree with the rest. Jackson will be the most interesting to watch, perhaps along with Azubuike as they develop. Jackson has so many gifts, that it'll continue to be cool to see how much he improves as his mental game catches up with his physical abilities. Dok is just a big kid who's been playing for 5 minutes. I'll enjoy watching him this year, but really look forward to seeing him NEXT year.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
7 years 4 months ago #9907 by HawkErrant
NotO -- time to update your sigblock? Or is that tempting fate?

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
7 years 4 months ago #9913 by NotOstertag
No way, HE. God forbid something happens and I could be blamed for jinxing things. I don't want to live with that. I'm hoping to update it again in March. :)

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
7 years 4 months ago #9914 by HawkErrant
Totally understand, NotO. Like you, I wouldn't do it yet. Just messin' with ya! :evil:

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"