Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

One Big Lineup

• DocHawk
  • DocHawk's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #9889 by DocHawk
As we have discussed the 4-guard lineup, most of us have felt the weak point is the single big. The box score for the Nebraska game indicates, at least for that game, that the bigs are more than holding up their end of the bargain. The minutes are splint almost exactly 4 to 1 at 41 minutes for the bigs and 160 minutes for the guards (with rounding). The 40 minute stats for the big slot include 22 points, 14 rebounds and 5 blocks with 9 for 11 (82%) field goals and 4 for 7 (57%) free throws. Not a bad stat line for that position. In comparison, the guard positions averaged 16.7 points per 40 minutes (67 total), 4 rebounds (16 total) and 1.75 blocks (7 total) on 25 of 45 (55%) field goals and 10 of 18 (55%) free throws. If this keeps up we may have to start thinking about the center position as a position of strength.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.