Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Scoring

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 4 months ago #9641 by CorpusJayhawk
Scoring is up thus far in CBB. The average score is just under 73 points per game. 6 teams are averaging above 90 thus far. Two of those are Big 12.

Oklahoma St. 98.5
UCLA 97
Kentucky 95.6
West Virginia 94.7
Creighton 92
Citadel 90.8

Kansas is ranked 19th in scoring at 85.1.

On the flip side is Virginia. Virginia has the best defense by a mile. They hold opponents to 44.1 points per game. Other notable defensive oriented teams are

Texas Tech (4th-57.9)
Louisville (5th-57.9)
Syracuse (8th-58.5)
Baylor (9th-58.7)
Kansas St. (13th (59.1)
West Virginia (23rd-60.8)

As for scoring margin, Kansas is 25th at 16.9 which is 5th in the Big 12 behind

West Virginia (1st-33.8)
Texas Tech (7th-21.1)
Iowa St. (9th-20.4)
Kansas St. (23rd-17)

Incidentally, of the 1082 games thus far, the worst performance was Eastern Washington against Texas. Texas was a 1.1 point favorite but won by 33 a 34.1 point underperformance.

Thus far this season on all 1082 games the DPPI has been off an average of 7.35 points in the final margin.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: porthawk, newtonhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.