Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

DPPI (Top 150)

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 5 months ago #9531 by CorpusJayhawk
Below is the DPPI through yesterday's games. I limited to the top 150 teams just to make it more readable. Just as a reminder, I built the DPPI a little different than some of the other Power Ratings. Mine is a pure predictor model (as compared to Sagarin's pure predictor). I do not tie to last season nor do have have any weighting other than the games played. Some of the other systems start the season with a significant weighting based on either last years rating or some other algorithm. The DPPI is purely based on this years game performance and is intended to be forward looking. Kansas is ranked 21st currently. The first 5 games we performed almost spot on to rating. We were 16 points better than rating against Asheville. Let's hope they keep that up. Performances like that should raise our rating pretty quickly. Below the DPPI is the KU schedule with projected outcomes. This has us losing 8 games and going 20-8 and 12-6 in conference. Let's hope we can improve and finish more like 16-2.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.