Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Senex redux - What's up??

More
7 years 5 months ago #9556 by Freestate69
One would think that at my age, life would slow down a little. On the contrary, I think I've entered the spin cycle and life is going faster than ever. I can't use the election as an excuse as I turned off the TV except for sporting events and a couple of my favorite programs on Netflix. I also tuned out most social media. My work has kept me very busy and I've been helping my wife with her own startup business, so that side of life is just short of overwhelming. I've never posted that much here anyway, but have in years past habitually browsed others' posts daily. Now it seems that once or twice weekly is as much as I have visited. I do still read most posts with great interest, so my total exposure is the same; just not so frequent. I would hate to lose my only real Jayhawks connection.

"Be on your guard. There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of the earth." - Gandalf on passing through Columbia, MO
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, gorillahawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #9562 by Illhawk
Glad to hear from you. My father often said, " If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything."

I insert "insightful", "thoughtful","relevant".... instead of "good."

The last few games have not spurred much in my mind that seemed worthy of members taking time to read it, or my time in composing.

I'm in Lawrence this weekend for Stanford so hopefully I'll post about the game, or the beer list at Free State or volleyball or something.

More
7 years 5 months ago #9565 by Hawknmo
Do not give up on the board friends and neighbors!!! No we haven't had much to discuss yet this year but its about to get interesting. Once we are done with the 49ers we can start having some real expectations I think. Some of us live for this board. It reminds us of our origins and the associated memories. Plus we get to talk Jayhawk hoops with other people who give a flip about it like we do. Im here as long as Dave and the great moderators will allow me.

RKCKJHK!!!

More
7 years 4 months ago #9606 by KMT
Agree about the weather - up here in Chicago I've been in shorts for most of November and been outside a lot...and frankly, after the Cubs, still kinda in a riding a baseball buzz mode still...kinda like last year when the Royals won....

I do chuckle b/c it seems like this is the annual post that jars me back into
"IT'S FRIGGIN' B-BALL SEASON...I've got to read the board man!" goes off in my head.

I'm here - this is my go-to KU board as I love the posts, the data (Corpus) and the usual banter.

I'm loving this years team: FTs and front-court are a bit worrisome, but it's still so early.
Jackson is real-deal, I never like to compare, but I think he is so much better than Wiggins at this time-frame and more consistent.
Our back court is going to be tough for people especially with Vick coming into his own.

Rock Chalk!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk

• replayloungehawk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 4 months ago #9610 by replayloungehawk
Everyone can take this how they want and I don't honestly mean this to be rude as it's totally just my perception. This board has about 5-8 really awesome posters and that seems to be a little clique. I honestly feel like when I post something no one pays a bit of attention to it. No responses, or I get told that it was already talked about in another post. So though I come out here still a few times a weeek I've all but given up posting because it's pointless when no one responds.

I will also say that college bball isn't the same to me as it was. As much as I love it still and I mean love it...and as much as I love KU, I have two kids with middle names from KU players, I just don't feel the same. I'm kind of deflated I guess. I'm just going along with the flow now. Stopping out here from time to time and that's about it....just enjoying the games and that's about it.

More
7 years 4 months ago #9614 by Bayhawk
I am not one of the X & O experts (I was a pot smoking band geek rather than a jock back in my hippie days -- a looooooong time ago), but I try to contribute entertaining, amusing, or distracting posts usually with polls or some such. I do however, read every post by every poster and consider responding if I can contribute. I read your posts replay, and am glad you make them. My lack of response is in lieu of "mega dittos" or something equally as inane.

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet