Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Big Men and FT's

• LKF_HAWK
  • LKF_HAWK's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 5 months ago #9395 by LKF_HAWK
Young season, team has a lot of work left. When you have a team down 25-3, finish them.

Where are Bragg and Lucas, they are contributing next to nil offensively. I am sure not having Perry plays a huge part, but I think Lucas's foot is more of an issue than we think.

Why can't this team shoot FT's? Josh Jackson is going to get fouled a lot and he can't be 55% from the FT line, just boggles the mind how poorly these guys shoot FT's

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 5 months ago #9396 by porthawk
Agreed on both counts. I might add foul trouble -- the big guys seem to be in the 3-4 range earlier than we'd like. I think that'll get better as the season progresses and the refs call the game less tightly.

More
7 years 5 months ago #9397 by AZhawk87
Great game! I'm enjoying the season so far.

I'm surprised to see how unhappy Lucas seems to always be. He's this season's version of Selden. Is it that we've all but stopped the high low and he knows he's not going to get offensive chances (and he shouldn't)? Or he knows it's just time before AZ takes most of his minutes?

Also, Bragg is definitely taking Ellis' spot - a four year guy whose physical skills can't keep up with his basketball skills. Bragg looks slow, runs kinda awkwardly, looks uncoordinated at times and doesn't look nearly as athletic as many other players. I believe he has to play more of an Ellis type wing facing the hoop, not a traditional "big" in Self's offensive scheme. Once Self let Ellis move away from the block he had much more success. Hard to do that this year unless Lucas plays his same role as last year (which I saw a little of last night).

It's early, with tons of room for all the bigs to get better. it will be fun to watch their development.