Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

+/- for Siena

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 5 months ago #9364 by CorpusJayhawk

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 5 months ago #9366 by minerscoach
Was surprised at how much it seemed Svi was in the doghouse tonight in the second half. I thought he had a couple poor moments, but the plus +- shows what I thought I saw. His defense was a strength in that he can let us play small by being able to match up with a big. He gets beat easily off of the dribble at times but uses his length to get back in the play when guarding quicker perimeter players.

More
7 years 5 months ago #9367 by hairyhawk
I did not see the game I only heard the radio broadcast so I may be way off. I think it says that when we went small we were not really able to "out quick them" enough to make it pay. Our biggest advantage over a school like Siena is our size. When we play small we go away from that strength. This should be a good learning experience for the guys. I still like the 4 guard line up and with Josh and Svi it gives us some perimeter guys that are not a big mismatch defensively in the post. Hopefully the guys can recover by Monday and stay strong through Tuesday.

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 5 months ago #9368 by CorpusJayhawk
Good catch miners. The numbers that really stand out in the +/- are the defensive scoring numbers. The scoring for Siena dropped way way off with Svi in the game. They scored 1.625 points per minute but when Svi was in they scored only 1.03. When Jackson was on the floor they scored 2.25. Our defense was more than twice as effective with Svi on the floor. The other number that jumps out is KU's offensive efficiency with Udunka in. KU scored 2.15 points per minute overall but only 1.3 when Udunka was in.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!