Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

+/- for Duke

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 5 months ago #9293 by CorpusJayhawk
Props to Graham Azubuike and Bragg for leading the way. But Frank clearly the MVP in this one.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 5 months ago #9295 by Kong
I might disagree a bit here as to the MVP. Not because Frank wasn't stellar, he was.

Sometimes the numbers do't tell the whole story. The game turned on two things, in my opinion. The first was much better defense coming out in the second half by everyone. The second was the explosion of Jackson in those first few minutes. On both ends of the court he took over and completely changed the dynamic of the game. Everyone rose to the occasion after that. So if not the star/MVP of the game, certainly a deserved honorable mention.

Visualize Whirled Peas

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 5 months ago #9297 by CorpusJayhawk
Good point Kong. I would certainly not argue if Graham were picked for MVP. I don't think it is any coincidence that Duke made their run largely with Devonte' on the bench. So Devonte' was largely responsible for building the lead that made the win possible. And Buk was raw and clearly made some fumbles, his effort to dominate the boards was key. Jackson had the most dominant stretch but it was short lived. The whole team pitched in and it was definitely a team win. But Frank just seems to will this team like no other player.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!