Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Both teams played their rears off...

• konza63
  • konza63's Avatar Topic Author
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
7 years 5 months ago #9179 by konza63
Too bad one had to lose.

There goes the 40-0 season. :dry:

Mason was insanely good. By contrast, Lucas looked to be laboring the whole game. Really good contributions from Svi and Vick. Josh is still raw, finding his way, but had his moments. Bragg also contributed, though we have to get more from him. (Somebody inside has to pick up the scoring we lost with Perry gone)

I'm more bummed that we lost simply because we now have to play Duke Tuesday with the threat of going 0-2 against elite teams right out of the gate. I told HawkErrant earlier today that my hope was a split. Well, that means we now have to beat Duke. Perhaps we could've tonight, assuming Duke can't shoot lights out all night like IU. That was a 3-point clinic. Ouch.

Oh well, onward and upward. Gotta beat Duke!

Travel safely, team...and somehow get some rest prior to Tuesday.

Rock Chalk...

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.