Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Lucas in cast boot

• DocHawk
  • DocHawk's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #9147 by DocHawk
Not to alarm anybody (or everybody), but the Lawrence Journal World reported today that Landon Lucas is wearing a cast boot while touring in Honolulu. It was stated that this is just a precaution for a "sore foot" and that he does not have a stress fracture and is practicing full tilt. Unfortunately that likely means that he has already had an MRI and probably has a "stress reaction" (periosteal or bone marrow swelling) which can be a precursor to stress fracture. Not what we want to hear for such an important player at the start of a long season.
The following user(s) said Thank You: newtonhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 5 months ago #9149 by NotOstertag
Thanks for the diagnosis, Doc. I saw the same article (as I'm sure others have) and without any medical knowledge immediately thought, "it sure is early in the season for that kind of thing, and there sure isn't much downtime to rest and let it heal between now and March."

Let's hope that the trainers can tape it up and do whatever else they can do to slow the inevitable progression as much as possible.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

More
7 years 5 months ago #9150 by murphyslaw
Amen to that! The other big men haven't progressed as much as they will later in the season, so we can't afford to lose him.

Sending positive vibes to our steady man Landon.

More
7 years 5 months ago #9152 by Bayhawk
Pretty cool avatar Doc,

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet