Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Guard Dominated play

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 5 months ago #9116 by CorpusJayhawk
These two exhibition games do little to provide us with the true look of this team going forward. The play in these games was almost totally dominated by the backcourt and wings. I saw what appeared to be only 2 or maybe three called plays last night. It was free wheeling and fast. It appeared that Self was way more focused on defense, which is of course, the smart move. We have the luxury of having not only two of the more talented guards in college basketball but two of the most experienced and two of the smarter guards as well. So clearly we will tend to be somewhat backcourt dominated this season. But id Self is anything he is a proponent of inside out basketball. So it will be interesting to see how that shakes out this season when you can have fresh legs in the backcourt for essentially 40 minutes. We need some interior presence and right now Bragg is the guy but he has been brain dead. I am quite sure that will pass pretty quickly. I expect to be surprised this Friday at the way we attack Indiana. Then again, maybe I won't.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.