Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Landen Lucas

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 5 months ago #9102 by CorpusJayhawk
We are going to be very pleased this season to have this anchoring in the paint.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 5 months ago #9108 by hairyhawk
I agree. Our taller bigs usually do not look very good in these exhibition games. I do not know if it is the sets we run or do not run. It may be the smaller quicker post players for the small schools are just too different for them. It historically been tough for our bigs in the exhibition games. That is at least how I remember it.

More
7 years 5 months ago #9112 by NotOstertag
Agreed. Azuibuike will be a better player down the road, but Landon should be able to anchor things while he develops. I also think having Azuibuike, Coleby and Landon as interchangeable post players down the road will be extremely useful. That's 5 big bodies who have 15 fouls between them to give, so all three of them should be able to play aggressively and combine to give us a full 40 minutes of solid post preference.

Every team has stars and every team needs some "glue guys" who provide consistency. I'd put Landon in that "glue guy" role. If he can provide solid/consistent rebounding and defense, we're in good shape.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot